William Williams

1828 - 1906

In 1879 William and Mary Williams arrived in the Dakota Territory and took up land in Clear Lake township, Minnehaha county. They secured eight hundred acres and began to develop and improve that tract, William devoted his remaining days to general agricultural pursuits, remaining upon his farm until 1906, when death called him at the age of seventy-six years. He was a veterinary surgeon of the old Welsh school and practiced his profession to some extent in connection with farming. In the family of Mr. and Mrs. William Williams was ten children: Jennie, who is the wife of George Finney, of Crawford County, Wisconsin; Clara, the wife of Albert Lawson, of Clear Lake township, Minnehaha county; Joseph R., of this review; Annie, who gave her hand in marriage to Luther E. Gage, of Sioux Falls; William, living in Clear Lake township, Minnehaha county ( Luther was Vice President Security State Bank Montrose SD )the Arthur, a resident of California; John F., a druggist of Chinook, Montana; Henry, a veterinary surgeon of Humboldt, South Dakota; Lillie E., who is the wife of Winslow Braley, of Sioux Falls; and Emma, the wife of Frank Shrader, of Sioux Falls.

William was a member of the Ancient Free & Accepted Masons of South Dakota 48 Montrose Lodge.

Mr. Williams son Joseph Read Williams was a member of the real-estate firm of Charnock & Williams of Sioux Falls while also serving as justice of the peace for Clear Lake township of Minnehaha county he maintained his office in Sioux Falls had a home that was situated about two and one-half miles east of the city, in Sioux Falls township.


Warning: trim() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/deadguy/public_html/wp-content/themes/www.mtpleasantsiouxfalls.com/template-parts/content-stories.php on line 202